Guys are arguably the hardest people to shop for. If you have a laid back guy on your shopping list then you’re probably in the same boat that I am when it comes to shopping for my husband. He is the guy that has his hands in so many things from working on projects around the house to surfing on his days off. He rarely likes to sit still. But he’s also super simple in his style and the fact that he doesn’t really ever want anything…or at least he doesn’t when I’m asking. If your guy sounds a lot like this then I’m here to help you with some gift ideas for a laid back guy.
Justin helped me create this list and in doing so I’ve found some great gift ideas for him. I tell you, he so much better at coming up with gift ideas for other guys then his is at just telling me what he wants. Maybe it’s because we typically purchase what we need/want for ourselves during the year. For instance, since Justin was working on tearing down our old sheds then building one big new own he ran into a few places where he needed something to get the job done easier so he went out and bought the tools he wanted. Yes, he probably could have done without them, but it made his life easier and got the job done quicker. PS I can’t wait to share his shed DIY soon!
Ok so here you go ladies, our top 12 gift ideas for the laid back guy in your life!
1. Beer – What guy doesn’t like to chill out with a cold beer. I guess there are guys out there that would prefer Whiskey or Scotch (Justin included) but he does enjoy a cold beer at the end of the day. I suggest getting him some bottles of beer that he maybe hasn’t tried before. Find the type of beer your guy prefers to drink, like a Hefeweizen, and then find some cool craft beers for him to try.
2. Sweatpants – My husband is a sweats and t-shirt kind of guy when it comes to loungewear. I’ve bought him pajama pants before that he wore till they were no longer wearable but after that when I’ve asked if he’s wanted a new pair he always declines. I’m almost positive that he wore them to make me happy…since that was towards the beginning of our relationship and now, not so much. Sweatpants are sure to be well received because they are undeniably comfortable and warm.
3. Slippers – Another great gift option for lounging around at home. Not like your guy lounges much but in the evening it’s nice to have a pair of slippers to throw on. Justin has had the same pair of slippers for YEARS, and it’s about time he gets a new one.
4. Vans – Ok so this one is pretty specific to my husband only because he has been wearing the same pair of Vans for YEARS. I don’t mean the exact same pair but every time he’s about to wear out of his current pair, we go out and buy him the EXACT SAME SHOE. He is a creature habit and love his all black Vans. It’s almost a joke in my family now to see how many pairs he receives at Christmas. We typically stock up 3-4 pairs over the holiday which lasts most of the year. Again, when you only wear one pair of shoes you go through them a lot quicker than if you’re like me and has more pair of shoes than I can remember.
5. Wireless earbuds – This is a great gift idea if your guy likes to workout outdoors or is just into listening to music. There are so many great wireless earbuds on the market to choose from right now.
6. Toddler seat for bike – For all the laid back guys who are dads, this is the perfect gift if they don’t have one already. Being able to take your toddler on a bike ride (for us along the cliffs overlooking the ocean) is the perfect way to get outdoors and bond with your kiddo. We don’t have one yet, and I didn’t even realize this was something that he wanted until we were curating this list for you all…so let’s just say this will definitely be under the Christmas tree this year!
7. Zip-up pullover – Give him the gift of something other than a sweatshirt this year. My husband if you haven’t figured it out by now is a creature of habit and is super simple when it comes to his wardrobe. He has so many sweatshirts and jackets that are almost identical. How many black sweatshirts or plaid jackets does one guy need?! I’m asking for a friend 😉 So keep it simple but find him either a fleece pullover that’s still casual but is something a little different from what he already has.
8. Apple watch and nylon strap – I have no idea who wouldn’t want an Apple Watch. I think this makes for an awesome gift for your guy and Justin agrees. It is a little pricey but there are alternatives that are equally as sleek. I’ll link more options down below!
9. Beanie – My husband is bald, he bicks his head and has been since he joined the Marine Corps back in 2008. So his head gets cold. But your guy doesn’t need to be bald in order to wear a beanie and during winter he’d probably appreciate a new one especially if you plan to hit the ski slopes at all this season.
10. All-purpose car racks – So I found these as a general option but depending on what your guy prefers to do you can always buy him bike or surf racks for his car. Or they even have those storage racks that are perfect for taking up your things on a road trip if you don’t have enough room in your car.
11. Dewalt drill set – If your husband is handy, like mine, then getting him a new drill set would be much appreciated. All guys need one and they’re super useful around the house for small projects if your husband isn’t going to be a DIY’er. If you’re newlywed and just starting your home together this is a great gift idea.
12. Cornhole set – I love the idea of gifting your guy something he can do in the backyard for fun. When we have our friends or family over it’s nice to be able to offer them something to do other than just eat and drink. Yes, conversation is great but it’s even more fun around a game or activity. We don’t have a corn hole set but it’s something we’ve talked about getting before…I did snag a fun outdoor family friendly game that I’ll be gifting him this year but now I’m thinking I may need to get him a cornhole set as well.
Shop more gifts for the laid back guys:
As always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!