I know I promised you this post a long time ago. I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get this post together but with so many of you asking me more and more about the supplements that I take I realized it was super important to get this out! If you missed my health and fitness post at the beginning of the year, I mentioned the changes that I’ve made that have truly helped boost my results and get over my fitness plateau that I had hit. PS this post is a long one but full of helpful information!
I can’t tell you how many people told me to be careful about taking these supplements when I initially told them about them. I think they were not only skeptical but also concerned since there are so many, so called “weight loss” pills, that can actually do so much more harm than good. For starters, I don’t believe in magical pills that will help you shed your excess weight, I just don’t. So before I went ahead with trying these Keto supplements, I did my research. The Pruvit supplements are so much more, than just for weightloss. If you’re familiar with the Keto diet, then you know its a low carb, low sugar diet where you limit the food groups that you eat to get your body into ketosis, where it’s burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. It helps your body produce ketones to do this. If you were to be following a strict Keto diet, your body would be producing more ketones naturally. Since, there’s no way I could sustain a Keto diet (longterm) I stick with a diet (that works for me) and take these supplements to get body body into ketosis daily.
So what is a ketone? It’s a cellular energy source that’s better than carbs. It gives your body the ability to preserve muscle, and burn fat as it’s primary fuel source. Fat is longer-lasting and provides better energy than glucose, but it takes a strict diet to get your metabolism to that point, OR you can now drink Keto and get there in an hour. It helps with cravings, gives you long-lasting energy and helps with focus and mental clarity.
Just like when I did the Whole30 for the month of January a few years ago, you will always get people who swear by it, and then the people who are skeptic, or think it’s bad for you. Here’s the deal, there is so much research being done about these different diets and reasons why they are good for you as well as why they’re not. You have to decide what works for you and your body. That’s why there are so many options when it comes to your health. It’s not a one size fits all kind of deal. Then there’s the comments about why diets in general are bad, because once you’re off of it, your weight swings right back to where it was if not surpasses it. That’s why I’m a firm believer in making lifestyle changes as opposed to going on diets.
I’ve been taking Pruvit Keto//OS supplements since the beginning of the year and I am hooked! They have honestly been life changing. Before taking their supplements, I was working out regularly, eating a restricted diet, and seemed to have hit a plateau. I was frustrated and didn’t know what I was doing wrong. Why my goals seemed to be out of reach no matter how hard I worked for them. I was stuck with those last 10 lbs of baby weight that I seemed to be working towards burning off for over 6 months. I was in a fitness routine that I loved and was motivated to continue to do but at the same time I was discouraged. Then after meeting a friend, through Instagram, I decided to give them a try. It was crazy how quickly I noticed a difference. Not just in my physical appearance but also in my focus and mental clarity. I had more energy in the morning and I was able to power through my workouts without needing to take a pre-workout.
It’s made it that much easier to stick with intermittent fasting because my appetite is suppressed after taking the supplement in my water. I drink it first thing in the morning and can go sometimes until 1-1:30pm before feeling hungry. The Keto//OS supplements are more than just a way to weight loss. Yes, they help with that by getting your body into a state of ketosis so your body is burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. But, it has made such a difference in my productivity. I am able to focus so much better on my work and my mind seems so much more clear, first thing in the morning. As a full time mom, also running a full time blog, it can really be hard to find time to work, so when I have my dedicated few hours three days a week while Mason is at preschool, I need to maximize my productivity and get the most amount of work done in those hours.
Another big thing for me, well struggle actually, is snacking in the evening. Since I work late, after everyone else has gone to bed, I found it hard not to snack at night to keep me fueled and able to maximize a few undisrupted hours, until I started taking the Keto//OS supplements. Now, I’m in a routine that if I start to feel hungry at night, or have a craving for something “bad,” I’ll take a second supplement to curb my cravings and keep me focused. I have both the charged supplements (with natural caffeine) as well as caffeine free supplements.
Benefits of Keto//OS Supplements:
1. Getting into a state of ketosis without having to follow a strict Keto diet.
2. Burning fat for fuel.
3. Better focus and mental clarity.
4. More energy during workouts as well as faster muscle repair post workout.
5. Making it easier to stick with intermittent fasting.
6. Helps to get over a fitness plateau.
7. Helps to stop bad food cravings.
Why take Keto//OS Supplements:
1. Because following a strict Keto diet is really hard but you’re wanting the health benefits.
2. Because you are looking for a healthy alternative for taking pre-workouts.
3. Because you can’t seem to get to your fitness goals no matter how hard you are working towards them.
4. Because you have areas of fat that you can’t seem to lose.
5. Because you are already on a low carb, low sugar diet.
6. Because you are looking for a boost in performance.
7. Because you feel fatigued often.
8. Because you want to lose weight and gain muscle.
Q&A for frequently asked questions that I get asked about Keto//OS Supplements –
1. How does Keto//OS help with fat loss? Keto//OS is not a magic fat burner. It does help train the body to utilize ketones as a fuel source, which will help the body more readily perform beta-oxidation of fatty acids (both stored and dietary fats). Supplementing in ketones reduces the body’s ability to store hepatic glycogen. Lower hepatic (liver) glycogen storage = higher ketogenesis (more beta-oxidation of fatty acids). Also, when ketones are utilized by the neurons of our hunger centers (in the brain), there is a reduction of cravings for food in general, but specifically of carbohydrates, which means less carbs in the diet. This forces further B-oxidation. And lastly, increased cellular sensitivity of insulin is a result of utilizing ketones as a cellular fuel source. This means lower blood sugar and lower fat storage, as well as better energy. Lower blood sugar also increases ketogenesis (B-oxidation of fat = burning fat and creating awesome cellular fuel). So while supplementing in ketones does not spontaneously induce ketogenesis directly, it helps in that department on many levels.
Exogenous ketone supplementation reduces voluntary food intake, increases insulin sensitivity, increases resting energy expenditure and increased brown fat activity. It also decreases brain malonyl CoA, an important metabolic mediator of appetite
2. Are Keto//OS Supplements expensive? Yes and No. A box of 20 supplements on average costs $130. Some of the options are a little more. But, if you factor the cost per supplement pack it’s no more than a latte at Starbucks or a snack bar. Since taking the Keto//OS Supplements, I haven’t needed to drink coffee. I no longer make latte runs to Starbucks once or twice a day, so I am saving big time. Think of it as replacing one bad habit for one healthy habit.
3. What are the side effects to taking Keto//OS supplements? As with any diet/lifestyle change it takes your body some time to adjust. I personally didn’t experience most of these but below are the potential negative side effects your body may go through when starting on the supplements.
• Digestive Issues
• Short-term Fatigue “Keto Flu”
• Short-term Decreases in Performance
• Bad Breath “Keto Breath”
• Insomnia (I personally slept better from the get go)
4. Are there any health risks to taking them? So first off let me say that I am no doctor so please do not take what I am saying as medical advice. If you have any concerns you shoud consult your doctor. But, if you are a healthy individual there are really no health risks, only health benefits.
5. How long can you take them for? Just like other vitamins or supplements that you might take, there is no recommended end date. You can continue to take them for a long as you want. I’ve taken them for three months straight and I don’t plan on stopping.
6. Where can I get them? Pruvit is a referral based site so you can order through a current customer (me!). You can shop their supplements here: haveneedwant.shopketo.com After you’ve placed your first order, you can login to your customer site to place future orders or you can sign up for smartship! If you sign up for smartship you get a discount on your recurring orders. I currently receive two boxes every month. They ship direct and the same time every month so I never run out and I pay less per box than I would if I had to keep track of ordering before I was running low.
7. Is there are way to get them for cheaper? Yes! If you are a smartship customer and refer two people who sign up for smartship, than you start to earn credits towards your own supplement purchases. Depending on how many people and their average order size you could start to get your supplements for free!!!
8. Do you recommend them to other people? Of course I do! As you all know, I only share products that I truly love with you all. Your trust in me is so important, therefore, I would never promote something I didn’t love and use. I use these supplements daily and am very happy with the results that I have seen since using them. I am a smartship customer, as I mentioned above, and I plan to continue to use these supplements daily.
If you read all the way to the bottom, thank you so much and I hope this post was helpful for you! If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me or leave a comment here. I plan to do a live with my friend Sara Gene who introduced me to Keto//OS in the next few days on my Facebook page. I will keep you posted via social media when that will be, so stay tuned!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!