Ways to decorate your home for spring with these 7 simple steps
While gloomy days are still ahead, I know I’m ready for Spring. Here in California, we’ve been having some Spring teasers, like last weekend and Monday of this week, with warm beautiful weather but just as I get excited about Spring it changes back to gloomy, and even threats of rain. Just like with my closet, every Spring, I’m ready for a little refresh. You think it may be easier, and much less expensive to add a few new items to your wardrobe but I’ve rounded up some inexpensive as well as some DIY projects to get your home ready for Spring!
image via design love fest.
1. Gold Foil Throw Pillows: I’m obsessed with anything gold and have done a couple DIY projects to add some gold into my life but these gold foil throw pillows are a perfect way to refresh your sofa and bring new life for your living room for Spring. Thanks to Design Love Fest for this design inspiration.
image via joss & main.
2. Removable Wall Paper: Add a punch of color or pattern to small areas in your home to add an expected twist and instant refresh without having to get new furniture. Try adding removable wallpaper to the inside of a bookcase, line the inside of your drawers, or create an accent wall. You won’t have to experience buyers remorse or feel stuck with your decision since it’s an easy peel-and-stick application that can be removed if you ever change your mind. This option can be purchased here.
3. Floral arrangements: Probably the quickest and easiest way to add some Spring into your home is with floral arrangements. I don’t know about you but my favorites include, Daffodils, Tulips, Hydrangeas, and of course Peonies! And don’t forget the vase. This is also easy to switch out and not hard to store the other ones away.
image via west elm.
4. Table Linens: If your family is anything like mine then you are used to seeing a linen closet full of linens to go with every occasion. They are fairly inexpensive and set the scene for any gathering. I tend to lean towards minimal designs and neutral colors but for my first Spring in our new home I’m feeling like adding some color to my tablescape! These linens are available here.
image via apartment therapy.
5. Wall Decor: This one might feel like a little more of a challenge when in actuality it really isn’t. I’m sure you all have some pieces of art you covet, which you would never think to switch out but on small walls, on bookcases and shelves, or even by your desk, you might find that you have pieces that add a little punch. These are the places you can easily swap out a piece or two to breath new life into your space. You can DIY your wall art or select some fun prints.
image via earthsake.
6. Candles: Change up the scent of your candles to give your home a little refresh for Spring. I have a few new candles I’ve been enjoying and I think their scents are perfect for the season!
image via eco furniture blog.
7. Entry way: Spruce up your entry way with a new mirror, knick knack, vase, or dish to add some color. I love these woven baskets as an addition to your entry way or adding a punch of color with this fun mirror!
I hope you enjoyed these 7 ways to refresh your home for Spring! Do you have any other suggestions, would love to hear what you do to update your home for Spring in the comments below!
Shop Spring inspired decor: