Thanks to my beauty giveaway that I’m running on my Instagram, I’ve been getting great feedback from all of you, on what types of posts you enjoy seeing the most. My outfit posts are the number one pick, which thankfully is my blogs bread and butter and that’s not about to change anytime soon. But to clarify, I asked many of you what types of outfits you like the most, and it was hands down casual outfits as the number one choice.
Today’s look is casual in the sense that it’s a shirt and denim shorts but I’m all about dressing up my casual outfits when I can. So, today I decided to chat a little bit about how to dress up a casual outfit. I’m all about sharing fashion tips with you all. Here are some of the things I do to dress up a casual outfit.
Steps to dressing up a casual outfit:
1. Wear with a pair of heels or boots. Denim in general can easily be dressed up with a good pair of heels and since Fall is right around the corner you can pull out your boots and booties to dress up a casual jeans and tee outfit.
2. Swap out your t-shirt for a button down. But, to not make it feel too dressy, I always opt for a partial tuck. This also gives a slimming effect. Win, win!
3. Accessorize. You can always dress up a casual outfit with your accessories. I’ve been known to really stack on the jewelry but since becoming a mom, I’ve toned the accessories down a bit. I like to focus on one statement. Either a nice pair of statement earrings, or a pretty necklace. I have so many bracelets and I do wear them but not nearly as often as I use to.
4. Curl your hair. This might sound a little silly, but when I want to dress up a casual outfit I spend a bit more time getting ready in the morning. That means curling my hair. I do have naturally curly hair, but I much prefer when I curl it myself. It always looks more put together than my unruly natural curls do.
5. Add a belt. This is a step I feel is easily forgotten (I forgot to put my belt on before I left the house in this outfit). Adding a belt to your pants can make such a difference and really dress up a casual outfit. Honestly, my go-to outfit is a pair of jeans, a half tucked v-neck tee, a pair of flats (mules to be exact), and a belt.
6. Add a little extra makeup to your normal routine. Just like with curling your hair, this might sound silly when thinking about your outfit but adding a little extra makeup can go a long way. I’m all about enhancing my features not trying to hide them. On a normal day, I go very minimal with my makeup. But when I’m wanting to feel a bit more put together I like to do a little more than my normal day-to-day routine. And I must mention, microblading my eyebrows definitely helped me with this. One less step I need to take and even without a full face of makeup I already look more put together than I would have looked before getting this done.
I hope some of these tips are helpful to you! Let me know if I missed anything in the comments below or if you found this helpful and want more fashion tips like this 🙂
Top: Marled by Reunited Clothing c/o, old (similar top here and here). Shorts: Treasure and Bond, sold out (similar option here and here). Heels: Kristin Cavallari (on sale and available in 4 colors). Sunglasses: Chloe (on sale and available in a few frame options here and here). Earrings: Kendra Scott (also available in silver and rose gold).
Shop the look:
As always, thank you for stopping by the blog today!