It’s so nice to meet other bloggers from other places and do some awesome collaborations. When I decided to start my Eat, Shop, Do series I thought what better way than to collaborate with some of my blogger friends, make new ones, and in the process learn more about them, where they live, and share with all of you their go-to’s in their city. For the next post in this series we’re headed to Edmonton, Alberta Canada!
Meet Esther of Bowties & Pearls! Esther is a fashion addict that loves to style outfits and photo shoots, and yes, this started when she was a child and hasn’t stopped. Lucky for her, she is married to Harley, the dapper photographer behind Hempel Photography. And together, they make a fabulous duo hoping to inspire you one outfit and photo at a time!
1. Halo Bar & Bistro: As soon as you land in Edmonton, before you head out anywhere, grab a bite to eat at Halo located inside the Renaissance Hotel at the Edmonton International Airport. With fantastic food and drinks and superb modern urban decor you will quickly forget about your cramped flight and kick start your stay in Edmonton on the right foot.
2. Duchess Bake Shop: Pretty treats deserve a pretty shop and Duchess has been said to be one of the best patisserie in all of Canada. The macarons are so beautiful you’ll have a hard time deciding which flavours to get, perhaps one of each?? You can find a whole variety of other equally delectable treats while you’re visual senses are delighted with beautiful Louis XV inspired sofas and decor.
3. Famoso: A slice of pizza is always delicious, but Famoso takes you to on a mini trip to Italy with the best pizza around, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.
(Photo credit UrbanSpoon)
1. West Edmonton Mall: If you want a one stop shop, head over to find over 800+ retailers and you’re guaranteed to find what you’re looking for. You can spend the day at the indoor water park or to Galaxy Land, one of the biggest indoor amusement parks, or skating at the indoor skating rink, all of this located all in one place!
(Photo credit Flickr)
2. Downtown: Head over to Edmonton’s core for some luxury shopping at Holt Renfrew in Manulife Place. Right across the street you have Edmonton City Center that includes many boutiques to suit your needs. After, you’ll need to walk a couple blocks over to Edmonton owned and operated WORKHALL where you will find stylish and fashion forward pieces that are all produced by local Edmonton designers, and trust me Edmonton has some killer style!
3. Whyte Avenue: Here you’ll find a huge assortment of shops! If you’re on the hunt for those special unique pieces this is the spot to go. Some of our favourite stores are Bamboo Ballroom, Oak + Fort, Gravity Pope and you’ll also be able to find some good vintage pieces along the way. Once you’re done your shopping, this is the perfect place to end the day and grab a drink!
(Photo credit www.edmontonattractions.com)
1. Walk/Biking in the River Valley: Edmonton is a beautifully lush city. We are so lucky to have such a stunning river valley with trails all along the river. You can also find many parks close to the river where you can have a nice picnic or even make a fire and roast marshmallows.
2. Drive to the mountains: We are so close to the Rocky Mountains that even though it’s a 3 hour drive, it’s beauty is worth the drive! In Jasper you can go hiking around Maligne Lake or for a canoe ride during the summer and in the winter head to Jasper’s Marmot Basin for some skiing or boarding.
3. Watch a movie at the Garneau Theatre: This theatre was built in 1941 and it is the last historical theatre to still be used for it’s original purpose. As soon as you walk into the lobby you’ll be brought back a few decades with the nostalgic feel of the decor and theatre. The theatre shows an assortment of movies including some foreign films that you otherwise might not have heard of. I promise it’s going to be a movie date you’ll remember!
I hope you enjoyed todays destination for Travel Tuesday! Check back next week for another city destination.