Have you ever felt like your body just needed a reset?! I definitely feel that way (quite often actually). I already have a pretty strict diet that I follow but during NYFW I definitely had to cheat a couple of meals. When it’s already so hard to fit in a meal throughout the day, you definitely can’t be picky and you take what you can get. Not to say I was off my diet completely but there were a few times the only thing around was cheese and crackers or chips and dip.
After fashion week, we went down to Southern CA and again, while I was good most of the time there were a few occasions where again the choices were slim and I needed protein so I ate some cheese along with my veggies. Needless to say, after that I knew I needed to reboot, so to speak. Luckily for me, I recently found Prolon FMD (Fasting Mimicking Diet) and they were just as excited to partner with me as I was to partner with them.
So last week, I did their 5 day Fasting Mimicking Diet. The beauty of their program is that while you get all the benefits of a 5-day fast you’re getting to enjoy FOOD! Yes, you read that right. I ate food last week and it was all so yummy! I literally have to order their kale crackers because I loved them so much and want them as a normal snack!!
First let’s chat about the benefits of a Fasting Mimicking Diet shall we –
1. Enhance Performance: Feel greater focus, clarity and energy, through the benefits of a leaner body.
2. Fat Focused Weight Loss: Fastest way to lose fat (especially belly fat) while protecting lean body mass. And who doesn’t want to lose belly fat!! This is always my hardest area to target as I’m sure you’ve realized following my health and fitness journey thus far.
3. Enhance Cellular Renewal: Trigger stem cell-based regeneration, clean up of aging & damaged cells & promote stem cell-based renewal.
4. Metabolic Health: Maintain healthy levels of blood glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as markers of inflammation for overall wellness.
Now let’s chat about what I ate since I’m sure you’re all dying to know –
1. I had soup every day for both lunch and dinner. I absolutely loved all of the soups. They had such great flavor and the consistency was really good especially for the fact that they’re freeze dried and I just had to add water and cook on the stovetop (so easy!).
2. ProLon has developed a proprietary plated-based bar that you eat for breakfast and another bar that goes along with dinner. I seriously could snack on these on a regular basis. I gave Justin a taste of one of mine and he agreed that it was really good!
3. As I mentioned earlier the kale crackers are to die for and they are 100% plant based! I will try and figure out if/how I can order them separately from the 5 day program and then will be sure to update and share with all of you!
4. The other interesting food you can eat (that they provide, of course) is olives. I’ll be honest I hate olives so I actually didn’t eat them. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I did try one bite and that was too much. Luckily for Justin, he LOVES olives so he got every single snack pack of them and was a very happy husband!
5. You drink a LOT of tea. I loved all three flavors that were included in my daily boxes but didn’t drink all of them each day. Between the L-Drink, water, and tea I was going to the bathroom all the time! I can’t imagine if I actually drank 4 cups of tea instead of 2-3.
6. Lastly, though I just mentioned it above, they have a proprietary drink called the L-Drink. You have this from day 2-5. And you drink it throughout the day. I tried to make sure I had some at every meal and a little in between drinking water or tea when I felt like I needed something extra.
Now let’s chat about my results, since I know that’s why you’re really here –
Yes, you love to hear (ie read) about my experience but when it comes down to it, it’s really all about the results, am I right?! You want to know if it’s worth it for you to give it a try and I am here to tell you that it most definitely is. I’m not the type of person to weigh myself, we don’t even have a scale in our house. I always go off of how my clothes fit, how I look in the mirror, and how I physically feel. I can definitely see my belly “pooch” has gone down significantly and my face looks slimmer. I’ve been able to sustain the same level of energy needed to keep up with a toddler while on this 5-day program which is incredible if you think about it. On a traditional fast, I’m so tired and all I want to do is sleep until it’s over, ya feel me! Since it’s a fasting mimicking diet the L-drink, teas, L-bar, soups, and crackers we just the right amount of fuel to keep me at my performance level to be able to focus on work and do everything else I’d normally do. I would definitely do this program again. I feel like I’ve got energy, I don’t have any bad cravings that I’d unfortunately started to fall trap to. I’ve definitely set myself up for success again and this time without having to be on a super restrictive diet for 30 days to do so!!!
So, here’s the exciting part for you! ProLon has offered my readers a 10% discount off of their 5-day program. Use code LAURAADNEY for single box orders and LAURAADNEYSub for subscription box orders at checkout!
Thank you so much to ProLon FMD for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts expressed on this blog are my own. And thank you so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you enjoyed the post!