So here’s the thing, often times petite women feel like they can’t wear all the trends because…you guessed it, we’re too short! Well I’m here to tell you that just isn’t the case. I’ve worn my denim wide-leg crop pants so many ways, and I’m petite at 5’2-3/4″. Here are just a few of the posts on this blog with me wearing these pants (here, here, and here). Wide-leg crop pants fall into the category of culottes, they’re practically one in the same if you ask me. So when you read this know that I’m referring to both wide-leg crop pants and culottes.
So one tip I want to give right off the bat is that not all petite women are made the same. Some have shorter torsos and longer legs and others have a longer torso and shorter legs. Just like with everyone, we are all built a little differently. So when deciding if wide-leg crop pants are for you think about what are the areas of your body you like to highlight and which of the two options I mentioned is more like you. I have a pretty short torso so even though I am short, comparatively, my legs are longer. This helps when it comes to wearing culottes if you’re petite. But even if you’re legs aren’t all that long the styling tips below will help you be able to pull off wide-leg crop pants if you’re petite.
How to wear wide-leg crop pants if you’re petite:
1. Find a pair that is high waisted so that you’re legs look longer. I am all about high waist pants. I’ve said it over and over again and I will continue to say it. High waist pants for the win!
2. Wear them with high heels, or boots with a heel, so again, you look taller. Heels in general are a petite girls friend. You never really have to worry about being too tall so wear those heels with pride! I’ve been wearing my high heel boots a lot lately because they’re so much easier to walk in all day and chase after a toddler in.
3. Either tuck in your shirt to create more definition at your waist or better yet style with a peplum top to draw your eye up and again elongating your legs. Peplum tops are a great way to create curves, even if they’re not really there, as well as make your waist appear to be shorter. Great styling tip for those petite ladies who have a longer torso. Find a peplum top that hits at your natural waist. This will give the effect that your legs are longer.
4. Wear them with flats, because like I said before just because you’re petite does not mean a trend doesn’t look good on you. I’ve worn these pants with my slip on mules and with my shirt tucked all the way in and I don’t feel like it makes me look too short.
5. It’s really all about the fit. I like to find wild-leg crop pants that are fitted at the waist so they’re not super baggy all around. Some culottes are a looser fit but again if you find a high waist pair they’ll more than likely fit snuggly around your waist then flare out from there.
Am I missing any styling tips you think I should add? I’d love to hear from you! How do you style your culottes and/or wide-leg crop pants
Top: Romwe (Under $20!). Pants: Free People, old (similar options here and here). Boots: Vince Camuto (also available here). Handbag: Chanel. Sunglasses: Zenni c/o. Necklace: Kendra Scott Charm Collection c/o (Chain | Initial Charm | Initial Charm | Tassel Charm | Key Charm).
Shop the look:
As always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!