This post is probably going to be a long one! Just wanted to give you all a heads up. This is my second Mother’s Day and I must admit it still feels just as special as my first Mother’s Day last year. Mason is now 20 months and is so full of life and energy. It has been a true blessing being his mom and I have been enjoying every moment with him!
I feel truly blessed to have been able to stay home with him for this long. It hasn’t come without some challenges and a lot of very late nights as I try and continue to build momentum in my business. Being a mompreneur is no joke! But setting that aside, this mom job is seriously the hardest one I’ve ever had and the most rewarding position I know I will EVER hold!
I want to wish all the mamas out there a wonderful Mother’s Day this weekend! Cheers to you and all that you do for your kids and your family. You are amazing!!!
There are so many moments that I cherish with Mason (like all of them) but some of the small everyday moments are the best.
My Favorite Moments with Mason
1. Mason’s sweet kisses. Mason is finally learning how to do closed mouth kisses on the lips and it is just the sweetest thing ever. He is so gentle and he loves to hold his little precious lips on mine for a little bit before pulling away. He’s also getting into closing his eyes when he kisses too which is so adorable. But honestly, I didn’t mind his open mouth kisses either because well I’m obsessed with him!
2. Morning cuddles before we start our day. Mason is an energizer bunny and just goes and goes all day long so when he stops to cuddle with me my heart just melts. He loves to lay right on top of me and wrap his arms around me or tuck them in and have me hold onto him.
3. Laughing with him. Mason’s laugh is the most beautiful sound in the entire world and so any moment where he’s laughing is one I cherish. If you want to get him to giggle even if he’s “seriously playing” all you have to do is go eating/kissing his belly, sides, and cheeks and he can’t contain himself. Justin gets the best giggles out of him doing this and my heart explodes every time.
4. Giving Lexie and Jackson love. Mason absolutely adores Lexie and Jackson. He loves snuggling up next to them and when he pets them ever so gently on their heads or backs it’s just so sweet. It’s amazing how great a bond a baby and pups can have. It took a while to get him to be gentle with them but now just watching them all together on the sofa is a moment in time I could replay over and over again.
5. Watching Mason do something for the first time. There are so many moments where he’s done something for the first time and it is just incredible to witness! The excitement and joy in his eyes as he figures something out is second to none. Most recently he’s finally figured out how to snap in his highchair claps all by himself. He was so excited to be able to do it all by himself. When we got him his little sand and water box he enjoyed hours of playtime figuring everything out and I just loved watching him and helping him with all the sand toys.
6. Feeding the pups carrots. I know this sounds so silly but once Mason figured out that he had to let go of the carrot when the pups went to eat it from his hand was seriously so cute. Whenever he does something good he claps for himself and so now he claps every time he feeds Lexie and Jackson carrots. He also shared some of his avocado with them the other day and let them lick his hands afterwards. Again, a moment so short but his happinesses in those everyday moments is so incredible.
7. Picking up Mason from daycare. Probably one of my absolute favorite moments because he is always so excited to see me. He literally squeals as soon as he sees me and drops whatever he is doing to come running towards me. It makes my heart melt and he always wraps his legs around me when I pick him up and nestles his head into my neck. While drop off can sometimes be hard if he doesn’t want to let go it is still such a beautiful moment. I just love that he loves him mommy so much!
8. Reading to him. Mason loves to read books. He likes to read them to himself. He’ll even giggle to himself when he’s turning the pages to some of the books. But reading to him is the best. He turns the pages for me and if I ask him to point something out in the book he’s getting really good and his accuracy.
9. Big bear hugs. I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned these yet. Just like his cuddles and kisses, getting big hugs from him in between him doing other things is so awesome. It’s like he just wants to quickly remind me that he loves me. When he wraps his arms around my neck and really holds onto me tightly I don’t want him to let go.
10. Nap time. It has turned into a pretty great experience. I feel like as of late instead of fighting me on naps and bedtime he knows it’s time and after some songs while I’m holding him he’s ready to go down and even reaches for the crib. He has to have his two stuffed animals with him which I put one on each side of him and he wraps his arms around them which is super cute as I out his blanket on him. I still haven’t introduced a pillow yet but I know I probably should do it somewhat soon so he gets comfortable with one.
11. Mason’s first haircut. It’s such a major milestone and I have cherished all the milestones that came before that too. It was such a fun experience and he did so well. I took him to a kids hair salon in Palo Alto that was set up so perfectly for kids haircuts.
My Favorite Things Mason Does
1. Stomping his feet as he dances around. Mason loves to break out in a dance. His dancing is just so cute! He stomps his feet as he goes around in circles and makes the most silly noises at the same time. It’s pretty cute to watch.
2. Patting his chest. One thing Mason does when he wants something is he pats his chest as if he’s saying “me, me”. I find it so incredibly cute and endearing. For example if he want’s me to pick him up he’ll tap his chest a few times then raise his arms for me to pick him up.
3. Watching him run around. Mason has the cutest run ever. He does the silliest thing with his feet. I can’t explain it but it is so cute to watch. You can tell how much he just loves to run and feel the wind in his face and hair.
4. Tossing the ball. Mason’s ball pit was one of our best purchases to date. He was been into it since Christmas when we got it for him and he hasn’t lost interest. Now he likes to toss the balls out of the pit and then toss them back in. It’s so darling. He loves picking up his toys. I’ve been tossing the balls to him as well and you can see the wheels turning in his mind about if he should drop the ones he has to try and catch it or not.
5. Making music. Mason loves to play with his little keyboard that came with his Skiphop activity table. I also bought him a little music set and the maracas are definitely his favorite. He loves to shake them upside-down. It’s too cute!
6. Pointing his finger. Mason always points his finger in the direction he’d like me to take him when I’m holding him. He hyperextends his pointer finger which for some reason is so cute to me.
7. Talking. Mason is definitely a talker! He takes after his mama 🙂 I just can’t get enough of his little gibberish words and then when he does say a word correctly it is just that much more awesome. He now says: yes, pickle, bye bye, ball, book, baba (for bottle), milk (sometimes it sounds more like mill), mama and dad (of course), he says Bo (for all dogs), loyloy is for love, banana he can almost sound out perfectly but most times its nana and probably one of the cutest things he says is guac for guacamole! He sure loves plain avocado and guacamole. If I know we’re going to Mexican for lunch I can get him so excited and rilled up for some guac.
8. Clapping his hands. Mason loves to clap his hands after anything his done right. It’s seriously so cute. When he pets the pups gently, he claps his hands. When he throws the ball and it lands in his ball pit, he claps his hands. When he says the right word and we get super excited, he claps his hands. I could go on and on with examples. But one thing when he tries something out for the first time and gets it, he claps his hands with so much excitement.
This giveaway is brought to you by the amazing influencers below! Enter by performing the actions listed in the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a $500 Sephora E-Gift Card!
Make sure to do the actions in the Rafflecopter before marking they are done! Marking done doesn’t automatically perform the action. Good luck! Winner will be announced in the Rafflecopter on this blog post.
*Please note: the easiest way to perform the “follow on LiketoKnow.it” actions is to download the LiketoKnow.it app->type in the name->follow.
One winner, giveaway runs from May 11, 2018 to May 25, 2018 (concludes at 11:59 PM on the last day). Open to the US, UK and CAN. Void where prohibited. By entering you are agreeing that you are performing the actions in the Rafflecopter that you have marked as done. By entering you acknowledge that you are agreeing to these newsletter subscriptions and all other terms & conditions of the giveaway. More giveaway details can be read in the terms & conditions here. Winner will be announced within 18 days of the conclusion of the giveaway and entries will be verified by the hosts. Thanks for participating, I can’t wait for you to go check out these wonderful bloggers!