The 30 days are over and I’m feeling motivated to keep eating Whole30 as much as I can without letting it consume me. My last few days on the Whole30 were spent on vacation with my family and it was proving to be a little more difficult to eat out in an area that’s not Santa Cruz. I was able to get by, but I was feeling very much OVER eggs and like some of my food requests/questions regarding how the food is prepared were not as well accepted as when I ordered out back home. After the Whole30 was over I did indulge a little because hey, we were on vacation!
I will say that there were some foods I tried to eat that just weren’t as satisfying as I thought they’d be after not eating them for a month. For instance, at one of the restaurants on Catalina Island that we ate at, I decided I’d have just one bit of their freshly baked bread. To my surprise, it didn’t do it for me. I had no desire to take another bit and I know it’s not because it wasn’t good because my hubby and Mason ate a few pieces together and seemed to really enjoy it. I’m A OK with this because bread used to be my weakness especially at restaurants. I’ll be much happier knowing I can pass on the bread and won’t feel like I’m missing out at all.
This morning I made scrambled eggs with some of the veggies in my refrigerator and added spices like pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. I guess I’m a creature of habit and for some reason when I prepare eggs I’m very happy with the flavor! I do plan to bring back almond milk yogurt into my morning rotation because I just love the Kite Hill yogurt supplement with fruit and/or granola. The Granola I ate before Whole30 was pretty much whole with I think a small amount of honey (not Whole30) so I have no issues with consuming it again…and I will!
Now I know I’ve gone off about the food aspect of my Whole30 experience but I really do want to do that Whole30 final comparison. I’m happy to say that it really did what I wanted it to. I didn’t do it to loose weight, though I think I probably did loose a little. I didn’t step on the scale once or take any measurements. I’m going off of how I look, how my clothes fit, and how I feel. I wanted to kick some bad eating habits in the butt and I think I most definitely accomplished that. Even when I was being bad and ate some non-whole30 items after the Whole30 was over I found myself not satisfied by the taste so rather than throw away the calories by finishing it, I just set it aside.
I did enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie our last night on Catalina Island and the whipped cream was infused with honey. That I do not regret one bit. It was so delicious and I didn’t feel like my stomach was upset afterwards. I think for any lifestyle change to work, you need to have a little flex. Allow yourself a treat every now and again. If you don’t, you will end up getting off the diet and go back to more unhealthy ways. I plan to stick closely to a Whole30 diet 80% of the time and allow the other 20% to be off Whole30 but still as healthy an option as possible. It’s all about balance!!
I’ve spoken about how I’ve felt throughout the process and it’s all steps in the right direction towards my larger 2018 goals. I want to be able to wake up before Mason to fit in a morning workout. I want to be able to have the energy to chase him around all day. I want to be able to be prepared so that I don’t end up having to reach for unhealthy snacks to keep my body fueled. I want to make having a glass of wine or champagne a treat and not a nightly occurrence as it had become before the Whole30. These are a few of my 2018 goals that are around health and fitness.
If you want to check out my other Whole30 posts you can do so here!
What are your health and fitness goals? How are you doing at sticking to them? I’d love to know if you have been enjoying these posts and if you’d like to see more like them. Let me know in the comments!!
And as always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!
Shop fitness apparel:
Disclaimer: All information on this website is a reflection of my own personal opinion and experience. The information is not intended as a substitute for consultation, evaluation or treatment by a medical professional and/or registered dietitian or nutritionist. When considering the Whole30 program you should consult with your doctor if you have any concerns especially if you are breastfeeding before starting to make sure it is right for you.