Let me start off by wishing you all a very happy thanksgiving!! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I love getting together with my family, reflecting and celebrating being grateful for all that we have been given each year and to celebrate my birthday 🙂 This year there truly is so much that I am thankful for.
1. My better half. I am so thankful to have my loving and supportive husband, Justin. We’ve shared so much together and have grown up as adults with one another! It’s not very often anymore that you meet your one and only in high school. We met through mutual friends in high school but it wasn’t until college that we started dating. I can’t believe we celebrated a decade of being together and our two year wedding anniversary this year! So many exciting things ahead for us.
2. A roof over our heads. My husband and I are so thankful that we were able to purchase our first home together this year!! We moved in just two months ago and we have been very busy working on our house and making it our home. I can’t wait till the first round of work is complete.
3. Lexie. I still remember the day Justin and I brought her home. She has brought so much joy to our lives and I really don’t know what our life would be like without her!! I love that she sleeps on my pillow at night and how adventurous she is. She runs with the big dogs, well actually outruns them, and I love her little attitude. She is our little princess. I also love how she communicates with us.
4. Jackson. Jackson was a blessing to our little family. We rescued him as a small pup and our household has never been the same since. He is such a mama’s boy! I love his morning kisses as much as his nighttime ones. I love that he likes to sleep under the covers. He is quite the lover. Not nearly as energetic as Lexie but he tries to keep up! When I first saw his face I knew there was no better home for him than with us.
The love we receive from Lexie and Jackson is like no other. They have stolen our hearts and will forever be our first kids, even if they are the furry kind. They are a dynamic duo and compliment each other so well. They are like ting and yang in personality and in coloring!
5. Supportive & Loving family. I don’t know what we would be without the love and support from our parents and family. They’ve done so much for us. I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have the unconditional love and support from their parents for one reason or another. I also know that not every family gets along. I am so thankful that ours do. I love my parents and I love my in-laws and I’m so grateful that they love each other too!
6. You Guys. I am so thankful to have you all. I started Have Need Want as a creative outlet for myself after I got married, left my job, and moved to Southern California to support my husband, then moved back to the Bay Area during his deployment in Afghanistan. I’ve always had a love for fashion and design and had considered writing this blog long before it actually took shape. I am truly grateful that you all enjoy my blog and keep coming back. Your support is much appreciated!
These are just a few of the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving! Please write something that you are thankful for in the comment below! Thanks and happy stuff your tummy with goodness day!! Oh and don’t skip out on the pumpkin pie 😉