I know I’ve recently shared tips on how to extend your summer clothes into fall, but today I wanted to specifically talk about styling a denim mini skirt for fall. Denim is obviously a year round material. I wear my jeans no matter the season. But, a denim mini skirt has a slightly shorter lifespan. Worry not, there are plenty of styling tips to help you get the most wear out of your denim minis and I’m going to share them with you below.
5 Ways to Style a Denim Mini Skirt for Fall:
1. Wear with OTK boots. As you see from the pictures in this post, I paired my denim mini with my favorite OTK boots, a tee, and a suede Moto jacket. OTK boots are a closet staple in my opinion and are great for wearing in the fall and winter. I keep mine tucked away in their dust bag during the spring and summer months to keep them in tip top shape!
2. Style with a bold pair of tights. I haven’t worn tights in a while…I guess because they’ve felt uncomfortable postpartum but in the past tights have been my best friend in the colder months. I’ll be bringing the tights back this year so be ready for the use of some bold colors in the tights department!
3. Wear with a longer coat or cardigan. I love mixing high and low styles and not in the sense of price tag (though I like to do that too) but in the sense of pairing something shorter with something longer. I’m sure I’ll be styling a look like this very soon, so be on the lookout!
4. Style with an oversize sweater. Chunky, oversized sweaters are super warm and are a great contrast to the denim mini. I’d also suggest pairing with boots or tights to keep your legs warm. This time of year there are so many great oversized sweater options you can find one to fit any style.
5. Wear with a turtleneck and blazer. Layering up is always a good idea especially when you’re trying to wear a more summery item into fall. I love the classic look of a turtleneck and blazer but with a more modern twist. Try styling with a bold tartan or plaid blazer and find a turtleneck with some pretty feminine details.
Jacket: BlankNYC. Tee: Good Luck Gem. Skirt: LOFT Outlet, similar option. Boots: Stuart Weitzman, updated version. Necklace: Kendra Scott c/o (Charm collection pieces chain | charm | charm | charm). Sunglasses: Tom Ford c/o. Handbag: Gucci.
Shop the look:
As always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!