One thing about California weather is that a few months into fall you can still have days that feel more like summer so you never want to fully pack away your summer dress. I like to get as much wear out of my summer clothes as possible so I’m sharing some tips on how to extend your summer clothes into fall.
1. Layer a tee or long sleeve shirt underneath your dress. As you can see here how I styled this velvet slip dress, I layered a thin tshirt underneath. The temps were still warm and so not quite ready for a long sleeve tshirt but just give it a few weeks.
2. Swap out your sandals and flats for boots and booties. This is such a easy way to transition your dress, skirts, or rompers into fall. When it gets really cold you can also wear tights to give you that extra warmth.
3. Throw on a leather jacket. This styling tip is one I use all the time. Not only does it take an outfit from day to night, or from warm to cold weather, but it also looks so chic. I’m all about my leather Moto jackets. I just picked up two new ones, a burgundy leather and rust suede Moto jacket.
4. Wear with a sweater. You can either layer a sweater over your dress and finish it off with a waist belt or you can wear a sweater with a more summer skirt. I’ve got an outfit post coming soon (another one that I wore during NYFW) that will highlight this one.
5. Add a scarf or beanie. These fall/winter accessories are perfect for keeping you warm while still wearing your more summery outfits. If the accessories are more neutral they will also tone down your more vibrant outfits making them feel more like fall than summer. PS don’t get me wrong I think you can totally wear vibrant colors in fall. I just wear more seasonally appropriate hues.
Dress: Moon River (on sale for under $40!!). Tshirt: Good Luck Gem, sold out (long sleeve version still available in all sizes and multiple colors + under $13!). Belt: Tory Burch (reversible). Booties: Dolce Vita. Sunglasses: Tom Ford c/o SmartBuyGlasses. Necklace: Kendra Scott. Bag: Gucci.
Shop the look:
As always, thank you so much for stopping by the blog today!
Photos by White Tee Black Dress.