I’m so excited to be heading back to the Big Apple for New York Fashion Week! This season I am going to stay for the entire week. I still can’t believe I am going to be away from work for so long but I am just praying that nothing major will happen while I’m away. I’m sure you can tell that I haven’t taken much of a vacation ever since I started my job at a startup. So I have a little confession, I’m not a cold weather person. I was born and raised in Santa Cruz and the weather is nice year round. With occasional rain and windy days, like today, my idea of cold weather clothes is a sweater, jeans, and boots. I have a coat that I’ve owned for years and actually wore it to my last visit to NYC in February, many years ago. So to help myself prepare for the freezing temps. I put together a packing list mixed with items I have, need, and want to get for this trip. What do you think, anything I have left out I should plan to pack?
1. Fur stole: This one piece can take any look from casual to dressy. I plan to wear this over my jackets and coats when I don’t feel like wearing a scarf.
2. Sweaters: I plan to pack many different sweaters for this trip. Some thin to layer under my jackets and coats and some thicker ones that will keep me warm even without a top layer.
3. Wool Coats: Since it’s projected to be freezing the entire week I’m in NYC I could not live without a wool coat or two.
4. OTK boots: Since I’ve been living in them here on the west coast I most definitely will be taking these to the east coast.
5. Blanket Scarves: Because even with all of the layers I know I’ll need to top off my outfits with a scarf, the warmer the better!
6. Midi and Knee length Skirts: In September in New York you can get away with wearing mini skirts and bare legs but not in February. I plan to pack longer skirts for when I get sick and tired of wearing jeans, not sure if that’s possible but definitely will want to switch up my looks. I’m thinking of leather or knit skirts that will be able to keep me warm when worn with tights.
Shop my packing list items and more: