Arguably the best sale of the year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, is quickly approaching. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access for Nordstrom card holders (you can still apply for one if you don’t already have a Nordstrom card) starts July 13th and on July 21st opens up for the public. Why is this the best sale of the year? It’s when for a couple of weeks new Fall 2017 clothing, beauty products, and home decor is discounted. After the sale, the pieces that haven’t already sold out go back to retail, sometimes over a 30% price difference. This equals to great savings on new items.
It’s a great time to stock up on clothing for the whole family! This year I plan to not only purchase clothes for myself and Justin but also get some super cute clothes for Mason. If you’re not typically a Nordstrom shopper, I highly recommend you check out this sale. Nordstrom has a great range of products in all price points. I scored a Fall dress for under $30 during last years sale (over 30% off) which I was able to wear with my baby bump and now after. Definitely a worth while purchase!
I tend to shop for basics that I know I’ll be able to wear year after year as well as pick up a fun piece or two that’s more unique. Pre-sale I like to sift through my closet to see what I can get rid of. Gotta make room for all the new pieces I’ll be buying! I already did my closet clean out last month and sold my clothes and shoes that were still in excellent condition to a consignment shop and donated the items that were in good condition to the Goodwill.
After you clean out your closet, you can better see what Fall pieces you have and make a list of pieces you are missing and would like to add. This will become your shopping list! On my list this year, a new pair of high-waist jeans, another pair of running shoes, ankle booties, and of course a couple of tops. Ruffles are still going to be a big trend for fall (🙌🏼), bell sleeves, as are embellished shoes. I’ve already got my eye on a pair of slides (link will be active starting July 13th) that I know I’ll get a lot of wear out of. Wonder how I’m able to already start my shopping list? Since I’m a card holder I received a catalog in the mail a couple weeks ago from Nordstrom with a little sneak peek. You can also check out the catalog online here.
Below is my list of items I think are great to purchase during the sale. Take advantage of the discount on new items that you’ll get a lot of use out of. PS it’s not just for clothes and home decor, I also purchased Mason’s infant car seat during the sale last year!
1. Athletic wear – If you like to workout as much as me and Justin do it’s worth getting some new gear during the sale. You’ll get some much wear out of them.
2. Basics – Basics like tops, sweaters, jeans, and blouses that you can work into your wardrobe. You won’t regret buying another blue or white blouse, pair of skinny jeans, or cotton v-neck tee.
3. Fall/winter coat – I bought one last year that I am still in love with. It’s neutral so I can wear it with almost anything.
4. Leather Jacket – If you’re in the market for a leather jacket this would be the time to buy it!
5. Booties – Fall calls for booties and with neutral color choices you can have a little fun with the details be it cut outs, texture, or fun heel detail.
6. Underwear – Buy whatever you need because it’s best to take advantage of the discount.
7. LBD – If you want to get something for cocktails with the girls, date night, or even a work appropriate dress the little black dress is the way to go. It’s worth the investment to get a good one.
8. Mens button down shirts – If you guy is anything like my husband his style is pretty set. It’s definitely worth stocking up on the tops you know your husband, dad, or son likes to wear.
9. Kids clothes – If you’ve got a baby it’s a good time to stock up on clothes a few sizes out. Mason will be a year in September so I’ll be shopping for 12-18 month clothing to get him through Fall and Winter.
10. Beauty products – I like to use the Nordstrom Anniversary sale as a time to stock up on some of my favorite beauty products and to try out a few others that I have been wanting to try. There are some really great deals on beauty and some exclusive sets you won’t be able to purchase after the sale so it’s worth checking out.
I hope this list helps you gear up to shop the sale. I’ll be posting on Thursday my favorite pieces from the sale and taking you behind the scenes into the dressing room so you can see what I’m trying on and I’ll give you all the fit details so you’ll know sizing for when you shop the sale yourself!
Please let me know if this post was helpful and if you’d like me to do similar posts in the future around other big sales!